Welcome to Stay The Course San Ramon! We are a group of San Ramon residents who are doing our utmost to keep a wealthy attorney and developer in Beverly Hills from developing the current San Ramon Golf Club with houses and condominiums. Despite other parcels of land available for residential use in San Ramon, this ownership group chooses low-cost golf course land to maximize their profits without regard for the local families who live near and enjoy their community golf courses.
The San Ramon Golf Club site is zoned as a golf course, but we are preparing for the owners to attempt to change the zoning to allow residential development on the course by ballot or other means.
Regardless of where you live in San Ramon, this issue does affect you. A change in zoning will undermine years of careful planning and county tax revenues. Additionally, more development means more traffic, more crowded classrooms and more stress on emergency response and the rest of our infrastructure.
Here’s what you can do:
- Subscribe to this website. You can do so by putting your email address in the “Subscribe via Email” field above. You’ll receive one confirming email. We do not share your address with ANYONE. You’ll receive an email each time we post new information to the site. We only post articles when there is something important to tell you, so you won’t get an avalanche of email.
- Subscribe to the mailing list. From time to time we may have information to send out that we don’t want to make public on the blog. This happens infrequently, but being on the mailing list will help us to keep you fully informed of ballot initiatives and other important action. Note: subscribing to the blog does NOT automatically put you on the mailing list. please make sure you take this separate step.
- Tell your neighbors about Stay the Course. Encourage them to subscribe to the website. We have business cards and flyers available to help you get the word out. They’re yours for the asking.
- Consider buying and displaying some of the Stay the Course swag. We have yard signs, banners and (soon) awesome t-shirts for purchase. All the cool kids are wearing them.
- Get involved in the discussion. Comment on articles we post, respond to comments from others. If you want to send a message to us privately, you can do so on the contact page. We don’t share your words or your information with others unless you specifically give us your permission.
- Stay informed through the Stay the Course Facebook page, the Twitter feed and NextDoor. We do our best to keep all the sites synchronized, but you never know when some information might slip through the cracks.
This developer believes that his money will get him what he wants–he paid more than twice the asking price for the property. He has ruined other neighborhoods in California and Nevada–but when concerned citizens organize and stand up to him, he loses. You can see what he has done by going to the History tab, above. We update this page as we get new information.