This provides a brief recap of the Steering Committee’s Meeting earlier this month.
- I recapped a meeting I had with a couple of City Council members. The reason for the meeting was to let them know about the Steering Committee and to open a line of communication. They have not received anything from the owner.
- We will need funding support from outside resources to effectively run a campaign to protect our interests. Two local realtors have already pledged to support our efforts with donating a portion of the proceeds of every sale in the neighborhood. Big thanks to Joe Norton of Alain Pinel and Cindi Hagley of J. Rockcliff!
- Good ways to draw attention to our cause and show support are yard signs and banners.
They are available at Vista Print. The above sign costs about $17 that includes a stand. You can order it or other options on their site: sanramon.biz.vistaprint.com.
- We discussed a Mission Statement and discussed various recommendations. We will fine tune the recommendations for our next meeting.
- We are moving forward with forming an LLC. This will provide a legal entity for collection and dispersal of funds as well as liability protection.
- We will continue to seek environmental agency support.
News reported after the meeting is that completion of the Faria Reserve Project on the back nine may not be completed until February or later. This is just an FYI as it is has nothing to do with the new golf course owner.